Salary: $70,000 - $85,000
Position Start Date: September 15, 2018
Benefits: Medical Insurance stipend, Service Club Membership, Professional Development, Mileage Reimbursement, 401k (2% match), cell phone monthly charge
Chamber Member: 600
Chamber Budget: $550,000
Total Number of Staff: 4
Population of Area Served: 30,000
Position Summary: While responsible to the entire Board of Directors, the President/CEO will report directly to its Executive Committee, and will provide leadership for all the activities of the organization. The President/CEO is the chief spokesperson and advocate of the HMB Coastside Chamber & VB, and serves as representative to its varied constituents. The HMB Coastside Chamber & VB is seeking a proven and successful executive to lead this organization, and all its programs, while guiding it into the future with integrity, innovation, collaboration, and vision.
Key Qualifications & Requirements:
- Strong entrepreneurial and visionary leader, with a high level of energy and initiative, combined with dedication to the mission of the organization.
- Politically astute and culturally sensitive, with the ability to navigate complicated political structures.
- Experienced and diplomatic team leader, with sound judgment, and an ability to attract and motivate large groups of volunteers.
- Proven financial management at the organization level.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and highly developed writing, and speaking skills.
- Demonstrated experience with current technology, including online tools and social media.
- Have local knowledge of the San Mateo County Coastside.
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in the visitor-serving industry
- Ready to listen to, manage, and assimilate the diverse needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Skilled at prioritization and working under pressure.
Education: A bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred.
Experience: Management experience in Chamber/VB or Membership organization preferred.
W.A.C.E. Academy Graduate: Preferred - Or U.S. Chamber Institute Graduate: Preferred
All applications must be received by: July 15, 2018
Contact: [email protected]