Join Sweet Farm for our 1st Annual Turkey Celebration!
You are invited to join Sweet Farm’s 1st Annual Turkey Celebration to celebrate the lives of our newest rescues, three incredible turkeys, Fiona, Ethel and Callum. The Turkey Celebration will give thanks to all our Animal Ambassadors, the rescued farm animals who call Sweet Farm home, as well as honor the lives of those who were not as fortunate to find rescue.
Our day will include:
- Guided tour of the farm
- Vegan treats and spiced cider
- Seasonal fall produce available for purchase at the farm cart
- Watch the turkeys enjoy their celebration feast
*Turkey sponsorship includes a sponsorship certificate and helps cover the costs of food, bedding, medical care, and treats!
Facts about Turkeys:
- Turkeys are intelligent and sensitive animals that are highly social. They create lasting social bonds with each other and are very affectionate; similar to dogs.
- Turkeys are known to exhibit over 20 distinct vocalizations. Including a distinctive gobble, produced by males, which can be heard a mile away.
- Individual turkeys have unique voices. This is how turkeys recognize each other.
- Unlike wild turkeys which can live up to 10 years; domesticated turkeys can only live to about 6 years of age due to weight and joint issues.
- An estimated 46 million turkeys are killed each year for Thanksgiving alone.
- The area of bare skin on a turkey’s throat and head varies in color depending on its level of excitement and stress. When excited, a male turkey’s head turns blue; when ready to fight, it turns red.
- The long fleshy object over a male’s beak is called a snood.
Proceeds benefit the life-long care of the over 100 rescued farm animals who call Sweet Farm home. Your generosity and support allows Sweet Farm to build hands-on inspirational programming that inspire people to bring greater compassion to the ways they source, prepare, and eat food.
Sweet Farm 131 Tunitas Creek Rd Half Moon Bay, CA
10:30 AM — 2:00 PM
7:30 PM — 8:30 PM
The Photographer’s Rendezvous is monthly event at which Coastside photographers - both amateur and…
Half Moon Bay Odd Fellows Hall
526 Main St, Half Moon Bay