Every year the Half Moon Bay Coastside Chamber of Commerce and Visitors’ Bureau holds their Annual Recognition Awards Dinner in January to recognize outstanding volunteers and businesses on the Coast as well as perform a formal induction of the upcoming year’s board of directors.
This year's annual recognition awards and their recipients are:
- Bert Carli Volunteer of the Year Award: Presented to an outstanding individual who has continually volunteered his/her time and energy countless times to the Chamber throughout the year. Recipient Announced at Event
- Bev Cunha Ashcraft Achievement Award: To be given to a government employee or elected official who has helped the Chamber achieve its goals, has helped Coastside commerce, and has helped an individual Coastside business (other than their own) in a definitive way over the past year. The recipient is also a supporter of Coastside commerce sustainability and a liaison between the Chamber and its goals and a government body. Recipient Announced at Event
- Business Hall of Fame Award: Recipient(s) must have been in business at least three years, be involved in other community and commerce activities outside of the Chamber which contributes to the mission of the Chamber, support Coastside non-profits thereby furthering the quality of life on the Coast, demonstrate encouragement of other small businesses, and demonstrate entrepreneurial potential necessary for long term business success and economic growth. Safeway
- Green Business Award: Recipient is a business that conforms to environmental regulations and preserves the natural resources of the Coastside, properly manages and recycles garbage and wastes, and keeps their areas litter-free, uses sustainable practices and minimizes impacts on the environment, protects the rich and unique cultural heritage of the Coastside and promotes local economic opportunities through green practice. Coastside Farmer's Market
- Longevity Award: Recipient is a Chamber member who has experienced a long career, has been a continuous Chamber member and is a respected member of the business community. Pelican Point RV Park
- Mayor’s Award: Mayor’s choice of a Chamber member who deserves the recognition of the mayor over his/her term. Recipient Announced at Event
- New Business Award: Awarded to a business that has opened in the last two years that has displayed good business practices and taken advantage of Chamber support such as marketing, advertising, ribbon cutting and/or networking, and the exterior and interior of this business is exemplary of what complements the Coastside community. Hop Dogma
- Education Award - Recipient must be a Chamber member business or nonprofit which contributes to the elevation and enhancement of education on the Coastside and has been in business for 3-5 years. The Heal Project
- Non-profit of the Year Award - Awarded to a Chamber member that holds 501c3 status and has been in business for 3-5 years, providing a unique service to the community that contributes to the quality of life on the Coastside. Half Moon Bay Beautification Committee
- Role Model of the Year Award - Recipient is someone who, through outstanding community service, volunteerism, exemplary actions, humanitarianism, charity and/or heroic deed had a significant impact on the community. Their outstanding behavior makes them a role model for their peers or future generations. Deputy Shawn Chase
- Citizen of the Year Award - Recipient is someone who, through outstanding community service or volunteerism, had a significant impact on the community. Their outstanding service to the community should include humanitarianism, charity, or volunteer work and/or heroic deed and has been a Chamber member in business for 3-5 years Lenny and Christine Mendonca
- Recognition of Strategic Partners
- Recognition of Committee Chairs
The Annual Recognition Awards Dinner presentation also includes the CEO’s State of the Chamber Address as well as a message from the incoming board chair.
Seating is generally limited to this event so advanced reservations are required.
Tickets are $85 per person and can be purchased by visiting the link below. http://halfmoonbaychamber.chambermaster.com/events/details/recognition-…