The Half Moon Bay Coastside has reopened for tourism, welcoming leisure travelers to this magnificent ocean escape located just 30 miles south of San Francisco.
Our hotels and inns remain committed to following the health and safety protocols of the State of California and the San Mateo County Health Department to ensure your visit is a safe and enjoyable one. Here's what you can expect when you stay with us:
- Check-in and check-out procedures that incorporate social distancing and sanitizing protocols.
- Accommodations undergo a thorough sanitation process after every checkout using approved cleaning and sanitizing protocols.
- Increased cleaning of public spaces, especially for frequently touched surfaces.
- Increased signage to remind guests of face mask requirements, social distancing protocols, and sanitizing practices.
- Indoor pools, hot tubs, saunas and steam rooms must remain closed.
- In addition to these basic safety protocols, many lodgers have implemented additional practices to ensure the health and safety of their guests and staff. Please reach out to individual hotels for more information.
- Most visitor serving businesses remain open, with modified operating procedures to comply with state and county guidelines.
- Indoor dining at restaurants is permitted at 25% capacity, many eateries also offer outdoor dining, take-out and/or delivery.
- Most beaches and parks are open to the public.
- For more detailed information on modified services, see our Travel Advisory page.
We want to make sure your visit to the Half Moon Bay area is safe and enjoyable. This information is updated as frequently as possible, but it's always a good idea to check with individual businesses and venues before making plans.
Compliance with state and county safety protocols is the responsibility of each hotel. Contact hotels directly for more information about their safety practices.