Visit the Half Moon Bay Coastside, Northern California!
Located approximately 35 minutes south of San Francisco along the Pacific Ocean, this stunning slice of the Golden State boasts an unrivaled combination of coastal town friendliness, charm and natural beauty. Experience the best of Northern California all in one place when you escape to the Half Moon Bay Coastside.
Lodging & Accommodations
From romantic inns and luxurious coastal resorts to budget-friendly brand hotels, Half Moon Bay’s variety of lodging offers a perfect fit for everyone.
Things To Do & Activities
With four regions to explore in Northern California—the North Coast, Half Moon Bay, the South Coast and the Redwood Region—you’ll be hard pressed to fit it all into one visit.
- Dine on farm fresh cuisine in one of our local restaurants.
- Stroll along gorgeous beaches.
- Buy just-caught fish directly off the boats at a working harbor.
- Peruse artisan shops and art galleries along historic Main Street.
- Go horseback riding on the beach.
- Set out on a bird watching excursion.
- Golf along the coast with dramatic Pacific views.
- Hit the ocean for surfing lessons or to explore our vast tidepools.
Half Moon Bay’s temperate climate makes it a comfortable place to visit year round with average temperatures ranging between 40° F (5° C) and 75° F (24° C). Whether it’s spring when the fields are filled with flowers, summer on the beach, Pumpkin Festival in the fall or a cozy wintertime getaway, Half Moon Bay is alive and in full swing throughout the entire year.