The San Mateo County Coastside around Half Moon Bay area is one of the largest beach areas in the San Francisco Bay Area. There are also scores of very unique recreation areas throughout the foothills and mountains surrounding the coastal plane from Pescadero through Montara. Hiking, biking, surfing, kayaking, paddleboarding, tidepooling, strolling the beaches, walking mountain trails are just some of the things to do and activities here in the Bay Area on California State Beaches and in the parks around Half Moon Bay.
Beaches and Parks on the Half Moon Bay Coastside
- Ano Nuevo State Reserve and Interpretive Center
- Bean Hollow (and Pebble Beach)
- Burleigh Murray State Park
- Butano State Park
- California Coastal Trail
- Cowell Ranch Beach | Trails
- Fitzgerald Marine Reserve | Tide Schedule
- Gray Whale Cove State Beach
- Half Moon Bay State Beaches – Including Roosevelt Beach, Dunes Beach, Venice Beach, and Francis Beach. This State Park is one of Half Moon Bay's most popular spots for beachgoers, with a campground, picnic tables, grilling stations, and miles of paved oceanfront trails.
- Heritage Grove | Trails
- Huddart Park | Trails
- McNee Ranch State Park | Trails
- Memorial County Park | Trails
- Montara State Beach
- Pescadero Creek Park | Trails
- Pescadero State Beach
- Pomponio State Beach
- Poplar Beach - Located in Blufftop Coastal Park at the end of Poplar street in Half Moon Bay, this dog-friendly beach is a favorite spot for dog owners and horseback riders.
- Purisima Creek Redwoods | Trails
- Redondo Beach
- Sam McDonald Park | Trails
- San Gregorio Clothing Optional Beach
- San Gregorio State Beach
- Surfer’s Beach
- Sweetwood Park (group camping)
- Wunderlich Park | Trails
See our parking guide for additional information about parking in the Half Moon Bay area.