4th of July in the Bay Area offers many treats. Half Moon Bay is a good choice for locals and visitors alike, it's family fun time at this special Bay Area holiday celebration.
4th of July Parade
Cameron Palmer and Roxy Stone lead the Beautification Committee sub-committee that's hosting the parade
'The Ol' Fashioned 4th of July Parade is a revered, time-honored institution in our community. It's unfathomable to think about the 4th of July without it," said Palmer. 'Every year people come out in droves to get a good viewing spot on Main Street. You can see how much folks love its small town charm and tradition and the Beautification Committee feels honored and privileged to help keep it alive."
Starting at 12 noon, comedian and political satirist Will Durst will serve as parade grand marshal. The parade included floats, marching bands, community service groups, classically cool cars, decorated trikes and bikes, "Pooches on Parade", youth sports teams, dance and theatre troupes, a Color Guard by the American Legion, and local dignitaries and celebrities.
Half Moon Bay's , 40-member 'Sitting Marching Band' will be at Main and Kelly playing patriotic ballads during the parade.
The Half Moon Bay Lions Club will be hosting its annual 4th of July Pancake Breakfast at Mac Dutra Park beginning at 8 am. 'We're deeply appreciative of the Lions Club longtime support of the parade festivities ' they're a major contributor to making it all possible,' said Palmer.
Things To Do On The 4th
- Dine at several of the 55 great restaurants.
- There are fun choices like horseback riding, renting a kayak, a train and pony rides at Lemos Farm, tidepooling at Fitzgerald Marine Reserve, visiting goats and purchasing goat cheese at Harley Farms.
- Shopping at the specialty shops and art galleries in Downtown Half Moon Bay, at the Princeton Harbor, or in Pescadero is always a special experience.
Where To Stay: See them all here.
- America's Best Value Inn & Suites
- Beach House Hotel
- Cameron's Inn
- Coastside Inn
- Comfort Inn
- Goose and Turrets
- Half Moon Bay Lodge
- Harbor View Inn
- Inn At Mavericks
- Landis Shores Oceanfront Inn
- Mill Rose Inn
- Nantucket Whale Inn
- Ocean View Inn
- Oceano Hotel & Spa
- Pacific Victorian Bed & Breakfast
- San Benito House
- Seal Cove Inn
- 1855 Zaballa House
Come for the day or stay the weekend and enjoy a fun day on the San Mateo County Coastside.