The Half Moon Bay area public education system is governed by the Cabrillo Unified School District in the north and the La Honda/Pescadero School District in the south. There are also two private schools on the coast.
- Cabrillo Unified School District (CUSD) | (650) 712-7100
- Cabrillo Unified School District (CUSD) is located at 498 Kelly Avenue in Half Moon Bay. The CUSD Governing Board is comprised of five elected officials. The district currently operates the following schools:
- Alvin S. Hatch Elementary School (K-5)
- Cabrillo Adult Education
- El Granada Elementary School (K-5)
- Farallone View School (K-5)
- Half Moon Bay High School (9-12)
- Kings Mountain Elementary School (K-5)
- Manuel F. Cunha Intermediate School (6-8)
- Pilarcitos High School – Alternative Education (10-12)
- CUSD School Overview
- La Honda/Pescadero Unified School District (LHPUSD) | (650) 879-0286
- The La Honda/Pescadero Unified School District (LHPUSD) is located at 360 Butano Cutoff in Pescadero. The LHPUSD Board of Trustees is made up of five elected officials. The district currently operates the following schools:
- La Honda Elementary School (K-5)
- Pescadero Elementary School (K-5)
- Pescadero Middle School (6-8)
- Pescadero High School (9-12)
- Child Development & Day Care
- Educational Consultants
- Youth Development
If you are interested in higher education, there are several universities located within the greater Northern California Bay Area. For local colleges, we recommend that you visit the San Mateo County College District website for information on what is available in San Mateo County.
Click here to visit GreatSchools, the country's leading source of information on school performance. With listings of 200,000 public and private schools serving students from preschool through high school and more than 800,000 parent ratings and reviews, GreatSchools has become the go-to guide for parents aiming to make a smart school choice.